"Descending from Magura Wątkowska to Gorlice, one comes across a tapering shingle roof emerging from the high poplars. This the Apostles Church of St. Philip and St. James (patrons of wanderers) made of hand hewn larch logs, erected circa 1520, late Gothic framework with a single nave. The church is surrounded by rows of arcades — the so-called soboty — similar to the church in Lipnica Murowana. The original spatial structure of the interior did not survive as it was destroyed by the armed forces of Austria and Hungary during the Gorlice Campaign in the First World War; the building was converted into a stable and the wood was used for the building of fortifications! The church was renovated in 1918. Only late Gothic portals, the baptismal font from 1522, the late Renaissance altar from the 17th century, polychromy and a characteristic iridescent beam with a crucifix have survived. In 1994 the church was honoured for exemplary conservation by the organisation Europa Nostra. The building was inscribed on the UNESCO list in 2003." (Text from a Sękowa — Building on UNESCO List leaflet).