Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
Plac ratuszowy - the Market Square of Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Plac ratuszowy - the Market Square of Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 5.3 MBViews: 3077 (#2055)
Jelenia Góra Market Square: a pre-WWII postcard (Wikimedia Commons)
Ulica 1 Maja (1st May Street), Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Ulica 1 Maja (1st May Street), Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.3 MBViews: 1937 (#2514)
The 18th century church of St. John the Baptist in Cieplice, now part of Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The 18th century church of St. John the Baptist in Cieplice, now part of Jelenia Góra, Southwest Poland.

"The church belonged to the former Cistercian monastery complex. The first chapel was presumably erected here by Duke Bolesław Wysoki in 1175. A fire in 1711 destroyed all buildings except for the belfry (1709-1710). The present, single-nave church was erected between 1712 and 1714. The interior contains elegant baroque furnishings, including the high altar (1716), 8 side altars (the 18th c.) and the organ (1765). Since 1601 members of the Cieplice line of the Schaffgotsch family were buried in the crypt underneath the presbytery. The surrounding wall includes 15 tombstones brought here from Radomierz in 1849." (From the information plaque near the church).
• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.9 MBViews: 2033 (#2463)
St. John the Baptist's church in CiepliceSt. John the Baptist's church in Cieplice: the southern portalSt. John the Baptist's church in Cieplice: the southern portal
Inside the late-Baroque church of St. Hedwig in Legnickie Pole. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the late-Baroque church of St. Hedwig in Legnickie Pole.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.9 MBViews: 7785 (#360)
St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of St. Peter in the main altarSt. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of Saint John of Nepomuk (Karl Joseph Hiernle 1728-1730)St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of Saint Joseph with the Child (Karl Joseph Hiernle 1728-1730)St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of Saint John the Evangelist (Karl Joseph Hiernle 1728-1730)St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of Saint Günther (Karl Joseph Hiernle 1728-1730)St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole: statue of Saint Stephen (Karl Joseph Hiernle 1728-1730)St. Hedwig's church in Legnickie Pole
MP3
Inside the 17th-century wooden Church of Peace in Jawor. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the 17th-century wooden Church of Peace in Jawor.

Wikipedia: "The Churches of Peace (Polish: Kościół Pokoju, German: Friedenskirche) in Jawor (Jauer) and Świdnica (Schweidnitz) in Silesia (Poland) were named after the Peace of Westphalia of 1648 which permitted the Lutherans in the Roman Catholic parts of Silesia to build three Evangelical churches, to be built outside the city walls, without steeples and church bells and made of wood, loam and straw. The construction time was limited to one year. Since 2001, the two remaining large ones are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

Constrained by the physical and political conditions, three of the churches anyway became the biggest timber-framed religious buildings in Europe. With pioneering constructional and architectural solutions unknown ever before or since in wooden architecture, and surviving for over 300 years, they bear testimony to the quest for religious freedom and are a rare expression of Lutheran ideology in an idiom generally associated with the Roman Catholic Church in the Austrian Empire of the Habsburgs.

The church in Jawor, under the invocation of the Holy Ghost, sized 43,5 m long, 14 m wide and 15,7 m high, seating 5,500, was constructed by Breslau (Wrocław) architect Albrecht von Saebisch (1610-1688) and was finished in 1655 after a year. The 200 paintings inside by were done by Georg Flegel in 1671-1681. The Altar, by Martin Schneider, is of 1672, the original organ of J. Hoferichter from Legnica (Liegnitz) of 1664 was replaced 1855-1856 by Adolf Alexander Lummert.

By that time, the town was already for about 100 years part of the Lutheran Kingdom of Prussia. Another 100 years later, in 1945, as a result of losing World War II by Nazi Germany they became part of Poland, following Potsdam Agreement".

• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.0 MBViews: 10215 (#168)
Church of Peace in Jawor: statue of Saint John the Baptist in the main altar (17th century)Church of Peace in Jawor: statue of Moses in the main altar (17th century)Church of Peace in JaworChurch of Peace in JaworChurch of Peace in JaworChurch of Peace in Jawor: ceiling paintingsChurch of Peace in Jawor: epitaph of Christopher Beniamin Walther (1698-1769)
Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Locate all panoramas
Random image
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017