Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The renovated Radziwiłł Castle in Nesvizh, Belarus. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The renovated Radziwiłł Castle in Nesvizh, Belarus.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.9 MBViews: 2340 (#2362)
The Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh Castle
The Mirsky Castle Complex (Belarusian: Mірскі замак), a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus, located in the town of Mir in the Karelichy District. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Mirsky Castle Complex (Belarusian: Mірскі замак), a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus, located in the town of Mir in the Karelichy District.

The construction of the castle began at the end of the 15th century, in the Gothic architecture style. Building of the castle was completed by Duke Ilinich in the early 16th century near village Mir (formerly of Minsk guberniya). Around 1568 the Mir Castle passed into the hands of Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł, who finished building the castle in the Renaissance style. A three-storey palace was built along the eastern and northern walls of the castle. Plastered facades were decorated with limestone portals, plates, balconies and porches.

After being abandoned for nearly a century and suffering severe damage during the Napoleonic period, the castle was restored at the end of the 19th century. In 1813, after the death of Dominik Hieronim Radziwiłł, the castle passed into the hands of his daughter Stefania, who married Ludwig zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The castle later fell into the hands of their daughter Maria, who married Prince Chlodwig Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst.

Their son, Maurice Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst sold the castle to Nikolai Sviatopolk-Mirski, of the Bialynia clan, in 1895. Nikolaj's son Michail began to rebuild the castle according to the plans of architect Teodor Bursze. The Sviatopolk-Mirski family owned the castle up to 1939.

During World War II, it came under the dominion of the Nazi occupying force and served as a ghetto for the local Jewish population prior to their liquidation. Between 1944 and 1956, the castle was used as a housing facility, which partially damaged the castle's interior. (Text from Wikipedia).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.8 MBViews: 1932 (#2528)
In front of the Mir CastleThe Mir Castle Tower
The monument of the defenders of the Brest Fortress, Belarus. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The monument of the defenders of the Brest Fortress, Belarus.

"On June 22, 2011 the sculptural composition «For heroes of the border, women and children, whose courage made them immortal» was solemnly unveiled.
The idea of the project, devoted to the seventieth anniversary of frontiersmen, their wives and children’s feat, belongs to the leadership of the State frontier committee of the Republic of Belarus. A place near Terespol Gate was chosen as a ground for the sculpture. At this place frontiersmen were fighting to the bitter end, under the command of Lieutenant A.M. Kizhevatov, the head of the 9th frontier post.
The author of the sculptural composition is a sculptor and architect, the Lenin Prize laureate Valentin Pavlovich Zankovich – one of the participants of the creative teamwork, who created the Memorial ‶The Brest Hero-Fortress”.
The cost of the sculptural composition is over 800 million rubles. The whip-round began after 26 November, 2010, when the appropriate decision was taken at the meeting of the Chief Officers Board of the frontier guard service of the Republic of Belarus. The staff and veterans of the frontier guard service agencies, as well as various organizations in the country, gathered more than 450 million rubles. [...]
The sculptural composition represents an image of three soldiers, carring out an attack, the commander’s wife with children, an injured frontiersman, whom a woman dives a drink of water. In the center a frontier column with the USSR emblem and memorial tablet were put. The main point of the composition: a decisive fighting for the Fatherland – a symbol of national unity.
The monument was built from red and black granite and bronze." (From the official site of the Brest Fortress).
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.6 MBViews: 2399 (#2340)
A plaque on the border guard's monument in the Brest Fortress
On the parade square of the Brest Fortress, Belarus. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
On the parade square of the Brest Fortress, Belarus.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.6 MBViews: 1705 (#2607)
Page
1 2 3
Locate all panoramas
Random image
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017