Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
2011 International Night of Museums in the Polish Aviation Museum. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
2011 International Night of Museums in the Polish Aviation Museum.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.4 MBViews: 3558 (#1894)
Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków, the 2011 Night of MuseumsPolish Aviation Museum in Kraków, the 2011 Night of Museums
2011 International Night of Museums in the Polish Aviation Museum. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
2011 International Night of Museums in the Polish Aviation Museum.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.8 MBViews: 3270 (#1979)
2011 International Night of Museums in the new building of the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
2011 International Night of Museums in the new building of the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.6 MBViews: 3401 (#1932)
The Albatros B.II biplane, displayed during the 2011 International Night of Museums in the new building of the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Albatros B.II biplane, displayed during the 2011 International Night of Museums in the new building of the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków.

"The Albatros B.II was a two seat, all wood, school and reconnaissance biplane. Ernst Heinkel designed a big biplane, powered with a liquid cooled engine and a tractor propeller. It was the beginning of the German construction line, quickly adopted in the aeronautical world. These aircraft, known also as the "tractors", were characterised by stability and solid construction. [...] In Poland, after regaining independence some 100 (according to other sources, only 60) Albatroses B.II were utilised and used for military training. Considering the flight characteristics and the durability, they obtained an excellent opinion among flyers. The last Albatros B.II was withdrawn from service with the Polish Air Force in 1927.

The exhibit on display comes from the post war series and bears the 10019 factory number. It was produced in 1919 and belongs to the longest exploited airframes - it flew until 1940. Under the terms of the bilateral agreement between the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow and the Berlin Verkehr und Technik Museum, the airframe was restored in Germany in 1986, applying the fake paint and markings, imitating the 1302/15 Albatros B.II named the "Ada". The similar aircraft flew in 1920 with the Aviation Observers Officers School in Toruń." (Description taken from the museum website).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.1 MBViews: 3669 (#1861)
Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków, the 2011 Night of MuseumsPolish Aviation Museum in Kraków, the 2011 Night of MuseumsPolish Aviation Museum in Kraków, the 2011 Night of Museums: Bucker Bu-131B Jungmann (SP-AFO)
The Yak-12 airplane (SP-ASZ) on display in the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Yak-12 airplane (SP-ASZ) on display in the Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków.

"In the Soviet Union, during the last months of the Second World War, work on a light universal aeroplane started. The aircraft, the descendant of the popular Po-2, had to be simple in production and in service. In 1944-47 the Aleksandr Yakolev Construction Bureau carried out work on the prototypes of the Yak 10, 13 and 12. The Yak-12 was a four seater, high wing monoplane, powered with the M-11 engine. After swapping the engine to the M-11 FR and some technical modifications, the Yak-12 was mass produced in 1947. Wing slots and flaps enabled a short landing and takeoff, improving low speed flight safety at the same time. Due to these features the aeroplanes were used as trainers, ambulances, parachute carriers and liaison aircraft in the army.

In total, 788 Yak-12's were produced from 1948-1950, including some examples reaching Poland. There they remained in service with the Polish Air Force from 1951, moving to aeroclubs in 1973. One military example was presented at the air show in Wrocław in 1959.

Consecutive versions were equipped with the more powerful AI-14 engine. 1500 Yak A's and M versions as well as the PZL 101 Gawron (crow) were produced at the WSK Okęcie. The displayed aircraft (5013 SP-ASZ) Yak-12, was produced in 1951. From 1951-2 it served with the Polish Air Force and in civil aviation until 1973. In the same year it was given to the museum by the WSK Mielec. It was the longest remaining aircraft in service of that type." (Description taken from the museum website).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.3 MBViews: 3395 (#1934)
Locate all panoramas
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017